Saturday, June 7, 2008

Replacing the porch railing

Our porch railing has a bunch of rotted wood and needs painting so I'm replacing it with vinyl railing. In these pictures I've torn down the old railing. Now I have a carpenter and painter coming in to do the hard work. They'll replace all the other rotting wood and then paint the exterior. A couple of the pillars need most of the wood replaced and I don't want to mess with that. Nor did I want to worry about the "load bearing" nature of those pillars. After they are done, putting up the new vinyl railing is a snap.



It's neat to see the house like this. A lot of old housed didn't have porch railings.



Notice the 1 set of new vinyl railings in the back. That was my test run. I started in the back so any screw ups are hidden.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: